I have to admit that it took me some time to decide which three items will represent my culture’s best. I thought of the three attributes that describe my culture: Jewish and Sephardic descent, which means that I am part of a generation of people who originated in North Africa. The first item: I chose a small plate and a cup that is sentimental to me. The cup indicates a religious ritual of tasting wine after a blessing to honor the “Shabbat,” which is the Seventh Day of the Hebrew week. The second item: Is a” Haggadah,” which is a book that describes the story of the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and includes chants and blessings. The Hagadah was custom-made and had memorable personal pictures of my nuclear family that captured many special moments throughout the years. The last item: Is a crown made out of precious stones and is kept in my family for generations. The crown is worn by a bride to be in a traditional ceremony called the “Henna” ceremony, which ...
As my Capstone project focuses on fostering awareness and support for inclusion, I researched international organizations that will provide resources, research, and funding opportunities to promote my community of practice's goals and mission. The first organization is The Early Childhood Development Task Force (ECDtf). The mission of the ECDtf is to empowering the lives of young children with diverse abilities and their families by providing high-quality inclusion programs around the world ( http://ecdtf.org/ , n.d.). Another international organization is The Inclusive Education Initiative (IEI). This organization is a multi-donor trust fund supervised by the world bank (worldband.org, n.d.). IEI devotes in knowledge and resources to support inclusion around the globe (worldband.org, n.d.). Also, IEI focuses on promoting stakeholders and governments to fund and develop programs to support inclusion (worldband.org, n.d.). Lastly, the International Early Childhood Inclusion Instit...
I have several circles of relationships in my life. Some are personal, some professional, and some started as a professional connection and became closed friendship and a source of support and inspiration. My first and most cherished circle is family and it includes my parents and my nuclear family which is my relationship with my children and husband. This relationship taught me the power of unconditional love and endless support. Another circle of relationships is the one I have with my friends, that some go way back with me since my childhood, which demonstrates that meaningful relationships can maintain time and distance. This kind of relationship is characterized by loyalty. Lastly, my third circle is my professional relationships with my mentors, colleagues, and college instructors. These relationships are defined by mentoring, guidance, and professional development and growth. I feel that my relationship with my husband is the main and the most supportive system I have. T...
Comments
Post a Comment